Welcome to the vegan resources and news page! This is where I’ll post information about vegan organizations, news, and guides for living a healthy and sustainable vegan lifestyle.
This page is ever-changing, and if you have additional vegan resources you want to share, please leave me a comment or send me a message so I can add them to this page.
Vegan Resources – Organizations
- NutritionFacts.org – a non-profit organization by Dr. Michael Greger with videos and articles about plant-based and vegan diets
- The Vegan Society – is an international vegan group based in the UK focused on educating people about veganism. Excellent articles and resources.
- The Vegetarian Resource Guide – non-profit promoting veganism and publisher of the magazine the Vegan Journal
- Plant-Based Foods Organization – an organization providing certification and representation for plant-based foods industries
- Stop Food Waste – promoting food waste awareness, composting how-to’s, food information, meal planning, and how to properly store food to avoid waste
Vegan Resources – News
- Vegan & Plant Diet Statistics – Plant Proteins Co
- Vegan Diet May Reduce Arthritis Symptoms – found on Martha Stewart
- Top Vegan Cities in the US – by VegOut
- Climate-Friendly Diets Can Make a Huge Difference – by The Guardian
- The Rise of Veganism in 2022: 4 Motives Behind Our Lifestyle Switch – by Psychreg.org
- Plant-Powered Future: 8 Trends in Vegan Meat, Egg, and Dairy to Watch for in 2022 – by Entrepreneur Magazine
- More Americans Plan to Eat Vegan – by VegOut
- 2022’s Best Cities for Vegans & Vegetarians – by WalletHub
Vegan Resources for Environmental & Animal Rights
- PETA – short for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. PETA is the largest animal rights organization in the world
- Vegan Outreach – a non-profit organization to end violence toward animals
- The Humane Society – a non-profit focusing on ending corporate animal abuse
- Mercy For Animals – working on globally ending the exploitation of animals for food
Vegan Resources for Clothing & Accessories
- Rothy’s – high-quality shoes & accessories made from single-use water bottles
- TenTree – sells sustainable and affordable vegan clothing essentials, uses ethical manufacturing, and plants ten new trees for every purchase.
- Boody – sells super-comfortable sustainable clothing and accessories made from ethically-sourced bamboo.
- MooShoes – cruelty-free shoes, accessories, home goods, beauty, and clothing
- Cariuma – sustainable and comfortable shoes and skater sneakers
Vegan Resources – Apps for Vegans
- Daily Dozen App – a free app you can download to help you track your food & vitamin B12 intake to follow a healthy plant-based vegan diet. The app recently expanded to tracking 21 variables to assist those wanting to lose weight too. The app is designed and offered by NutritionFacts.org.
- Happy Cow App – an app that helps you find vegan restaurants regardless of state.
- Food Monster App – the largest vegan recipe app created and offered by One Green Planet
Vegan Resources – Classes and Certifications
- Living Light Culinary Institute – the Institute is located in Fort Bragg, California. It offers various certifications and courses in raw and plant-based culinary arts.
- Plant-Based Nutrition Certification Program – offered by eCornell and created by the Center for Nutrition Studies, the non-profit organization set up by T. Colin Campbell, PhD
- Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy – is the world’s leading Vegan cooking school and offers online and on-site certification courses.
- Rouxbe Online Culinary School – world-class chefs and culinary instructors gather for a plant-based certification course available online.
Vegan Resources – Podcasts
- How to Vegan by Kristen Pound, an animal activist and certified vegan health coach
- Plant Strong by Rip Esselstyn, a triathlete, former firefighter, and author of the bestselling books, The Engine 2 Diet, Plant Strong, and The Engine 2 Diet Cookbook
- Food for Thought by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau – discusses all aspects of living healthfully and compassionately.
- Plant-Based Fitness Secrets by Fritz Horstmann – the premiere podcast for vegans looking to lose weight and/or transform their bodies
- Simply Vegan Podcast by Vegan Food & Living, a UK best-selling vegan magazine
- The Korean Vegan by Joanne Lee Molinaro. Joanne is an American attorney, vegan author, YouTuber, and blogger.
Vegan Resources – YouTube Vegan Channels
- Rainbow Plant Life with Nisha Vora, author of the popular book The Vegan Instant Pot Cookbook: Wholesome, Indulgent Plant-Based Recipes
- High Carb Hannah by Hannah Howlett – this YouTuber shares her tips and secrets about how she lost over 70 pounds by eating starches and whole foods
- Cheap Lazy Vegan – born in South Korea and raised in Canada, Rose shares vegan meal ideas and tips about doing vegan on the cheap
- The House of AiA is a stunning ocean-front resort on the Mexican Riviera. It’s an all-inclusive resort featuring an exquisite plant-based menu, spa treatments, yoga, and health & wellness options.
- Stanford Inn Mendocino Hotel & Resort is located in the beautiful Mendocino area in northern California. The resort is across from Big River and is only one-half a mile away from the quaint village with many shops. Dining is plant-based, and the views in the rooms are exquisite. The venue is known for its weddings, and the receptions are plant-based!
- Vegan Welcome – a one-stop travel site for finding vegan hotels and wellness resorts!
- Green Earth Travel offers vegan safaris, cruises, and excursions worldwide.
- Veg Voyages features immersive food and cultural tours in Asia! They have tours for numerous countries, including India, Cambodia, Nepal, Sumatra, Thailand, Malaysia, Bali, Bhutan, Laos, Singapore, and Sri Lanka.